- It was a historic night for the Eagles, who inducted defensive ends Trent Cole and Hugh Douglas into the franchise’s Hall of Fame and debuted the all-black uniforms.
- On the field, the Eagles continued to write history as quarterback Jalen Hurts set a franchise record for most rushing yards by a quarterback with 157 and running back Miles Sanders set a career high with 143 rushing yards as Philadelphia gained 363 rushing yards and 500 total yards of offense to beat the Green Bay Packers 40-33 to improve to a league-best 10-1 this season..
Below is a detailed recap of the game for your viewing pleasure.
Only twice this season have the Eagles lost the coin toss. The Eagles will receive the first kickoff of the game.
• After two incomplete passes, Jalen Hurts scrambled 24 yards to convert 3rd-and-10 at the Eagles’ 49. Darnell Savage, a defensive back for the Packers, was hurt during the play. Miles Sanders received consecutive handoffs from the shotgun to gain 14 yards and advance the chains. Hurts’ first completion was a 6-yard pass to DeVonta Smith, and all three of Hurts’ initial pass attempts were completed to Smith. On 3rd-and-6, Hurts kept the ball on a quarterback draw, and a superb block downfield by wide receiver Quez Watkins allowed him to advance 28 yards to the Packers’ 6-yard line. Two plays later, Kenneth Gainwell scored a touchdown by rushing up the middle for 4 yards.
With 11:19 remaining in the first quarter, the Eagles lead 7-0. + Savage is questionable with a foot injury.
• On third-and-four, the Eagles set up with Fletcher Cox at the end and Haason Reddick in the inside. Up the center, Javon Hargrave applied pressure to Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers sent the ball to Allen Lazard, but Darius Slay beat him to it and batted it into the air. Josiah Scott intercepted the pass at the Packers’ 35-yard line and returned it 6 yards.
• The Eagles expand their advantage following Scott’s interception. Lane Johnson pulled and Miles Sanders shook Kenny Clark at the line of scrimmage en route to a 15-yard touchdown three plays after the interception. Jake Elliott missed the extra point, making the score 13-0 with 9:02 left in the first quarter. Sanders’ eighth rushing touchdown of the season established a new career high.
Hurts has 60 rushing yards on two possessions, while Sanders has 32.
It was a historic night for the Eagles, as defensive ends Trent Cole and Hugh Douglas were inducted into the team’s Hall of Fame and the all-black uniforms were debuted.
On the field, the Eagles continued to make history as quarterback Jalen Hurts established a franchise record for most rushing yards by a quarterback with 157 and running back Miles Sanders established a career high with 143 rushing yards as Philadelphia gained 363 rushing yards and 500 total yards of offense to defeat the Green Bay Packers 40-33 and improve to a league-best 10-1 record this season.
After a 38-yard kickoff return, the Packers quickly regained control of the game. Rodgers completed a 10-yard pass to Aaron Jones. After a loss of yardage by Fletcher Cox, Rodgers connected with Jones on a screen pass for 30 yards. A.J. Dillon raced up the middle for 20 yards and a touchdown on the next play. 13-7 with 6:40 remaining in the opening quarter.
• The Eagles failed in their attempt to sneak the ball on third-and-1. On fourth down, the offense maintained field position. Sanders recovered after Hurts never gained control of the snap. Rasul Douglas though touched him for no gain. Five minutes remain in the quarter when the Packers take over at the Eagles’ 38 on downs.
• On 3rd-and-8, the Packers were without a player, and Rodgers attempted to earn a first down with a screen pass to Aaron Jones, but T.J. Edwards made a tremendous tackle, limiting Jones’ gain to 3 yards. Rodgers connected with Christian Watson for a gain of 21 yards to the Eagles’ 11-yard line after the Packers went for it on 4th down. C.J. Gardner-Johnson was injured during the attempted tackle. Reed Blankenship was substituted for Gardner-Johnson. On 1st down following the injury, the Packers go play-action and Rodgers throws a touchdown pass to Randall Cobb over the middle with Scott in coverage. With 3:09 remaining in the first quarter, the Packers hold a 14-13 lead over the Falcons.
• The Eagles employ many TEs to bolster their running game. First connection between Hurts and A.J. Brown results in a 23-yard gain at the Eagles’ 47-yard line. A few plays later, on third-and-two, the Eagles insert backup center Cam Jurgens as an extra lineman. Hurts escapes from the pocket and gains 42 yards on the open right side of the field to the Packers’ 3-yard line.
• At the conclusion of the period, the Eagles trail by 14-13. Gardner-Johnson is listed as doubtful to return due to a rib injury.
Hurts rushed for 103 yards in the first quarter.