Google support will end in September for Gmail and YouTube account logins on older Android versions.
After logging into Gmail, Android phones running Google 2.3.7 or lower will no longer support Youtube after September. Google notified users via email that the changes will take effect on September 27, 2021.
Access Google apps:
Encourage users to upgrade to Android 3.0 or higher in order to continue to access Google apps after September.
9to5Google posted an image of an email sent to people who may be affected by this change. Since few Android users still use very old versions.
Google is taking this step to protect user data and ensure account security.
Google support will soon end:
Sign in to Gmail, YouTube and Drive accounts on older Android versions
These emails were sent to a small number of users who were still using outdated software versions as a warning, encouraging them to upgrade the software or switch to another newer device.
The report states that on or after September 27, Google products and services, such as Gmail, YouTube, and Maps, will not work for users with outdated Android versions.
Factory resetting problems:
In addition, if they try to add or create a new Google account, or try to factory reset and log in again, they will receive the same error message.
Additionally, if users of older versions of Android try to change their Google account password, an error message will appear, which will cause them to log out on all devices.
Even if you delete the account from the device and try to add it again, you will still encounter username and password issues.
Software users of Android 2.3.7:
Software users of Android 2.3.7 and below will not have a solution, and it is best to obtain an alternative method to continue to use Google applications and services uninterruptedly.According to the Google support page, errors will occur in the following situations:
- Reset the device to factory settings and try to log in.
- Change your password on your device or other devices, then log you out anywhere else. When you try to log in again, you will receive an error message.
- Delete your account from the device and add it again.
- Create an account on the device.
However, users can still log in to their accounts on the phone’s browser. “If you can’t bring up to date your device to a newer Android edition (3.0+), you can try to log in to your Google account on your device’s web browser. When you log in to Google on your device’s web browser, you can still use sure Google services.” Google said.
- Budak UiTM Telegram: The Surging Momentum in Maya UiTM’s Wak
- Burger King Hat Guy On Plane Video Twitter, Reddit
- Destiny Etiko’s Ascendancy in Nollywood: A Video Leak and Controversy
- Salem State University Mourns Tragic Loss of Basketball Player, Carl Hens Beliard, in Fatal Shooting
- Immanuel Jabardasth: Controversy Surrounds Viral Video as Fans Speculate