The families of the Chesapeake Walmart shooting victims are in mourning.


What we know about the Virginia Walmart shooting

  • Six people were killed Tuesday night at a Walmart store in Chesapeake, Virginia. At least six others were rushed to hospitals for treatment.
  • The shooter died from what authorities believe is a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
  • Officials have not determined a motive, but a senior law enforcement official told NBC News the suspect was a disgruntled employee.

Linda Gamble and her son Lorenzo were planning Thanksgiving supper. At her request, the 43-year-old was in charge of both the banana pudding cake and banana pudding.

She reminded him to prepare enough baked goods for their large family. She planned to load their Chesapeake, Virginia home with sixteen grandchildren for the holiday. She stated that everyone would dine and play family games together.

Gamble stated, “I just wanted my sons to spend time with me.”

Authorities reported that a guy opened fire at the Chesapeake Walmart where Lorenzo Gamble works the overnight shift as a security guard on Tuesday night. The gunman, a store supervisor, reportedly shot and killed six individuals and injured at least six more before taking his own life.


Wednesday evening, officials in Chesapeake disclosed the names of five of the six fatalities, all of them were Walmart employees: The cyclist Brian Pendleton. Kellie Pyle. Randall Blevins. Tyneka Johnson. Chesapeake teen, 16 years old, whose identity was withheld due to his age. And Lorenzo Gamble.

At the time of the incident, there were at least 50 individuals in the store. Some individuals gathered last-minute Thanksgiving provisions. Others performed nighttime shifts for the retail giant.

Two of the deceased victims and the shooter were discovered in the employee break room at the rear of the store, according to a tweet from the city. A third victim was discovered towards the front of the store. Three further people were brought to hospitals but died, according to the city. Wednesday afternoon, six additional people were sent to hospitals, and one of them was in critical condition.

The murder occurred days after a man fatally shot five people at a Colorado LGBTQ bar and less than two weeks after a 22-year-old University of Virginia student was charged with the murder of three classmates returning from a school trip.

Billy Pillar-Gibson feared for his cousin Kellie Pyle as soon as he heard about the incident at Walmart. Pyle recently obtained employment at the Walmart in Chesapeake, after relocating back to her hometown of Norfolk in May to be with her high school boyfriend with whom she had reconnected following their divorce.

Pillar-Gibson and her husband, along with Pyle’s fiance, rushed to Norfolk General Hospital, where they were informed that Pyle was undergoing surgery. But she was absent. As it turned out, Pillar-Gibson stated, Pyle had died in the store’s break room, a location he was familiar with because he had previously worked there.

Pyle, a 52-year-old grandmother, was happy to be living in the same city with Pillar-Gibson, who referred to her as his best friend, after many years apart in Indiana and Kentucky.

“We always vowed we’d grow old together,” he said Wednesday night from his apartment near the store where she passed away. Nothing here makes sense. In the grand scheme of things, we’re still very young.”


Pillar-Gibson wept as he remembered his cousin’s sardonic sense of humor and the friendships they had made growing up in a family with more than its fair share of eccentric characters, including “Nanny Catherine,” the fiery-tempered matriarch they loved and dreaded.

Read More : Watch Walmart shooting Leaked CCTV Video

“Growing up in a strange family, we understood each other,” he explained. I cannot recall a time without her.

She was looking forward to spending the holidays with her family in Norfolk, where she had two adult children and a granddaughter of two years.

“It would be her first Thanksgiving here,” he explained.

As they processed the news of the shootings, family and friends of the other victims reflected on their recollections.

During Tyneka Johnson’s first two years at Western Branch High School, Casheba Cannon served as her tutor. Cannon recalled her as a young woman who aspired to attend college, was eager to overcome academic limitations to improve herself, and had the support of a loving family.

Leave a Comment