- The series is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy
- Where she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the murder mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships at Nevermore.
Wednesday Season 1 Review, Cast, All Episodes, Trends, Rating, Public Reactions
The new sitcom WEDNESDAY on Netflix follows the young Wednesday Addams. The season’s eight episodes are well-paced and utilized, and Jenna Ortega is a fantastic fit for the title role. Read our season 1 review of Wednesday here!
The new Netflix comedy WEDNESDAY follows Wednesday Addams as she begins her studies at the Nevermore Academy. A mix of a coming-of-age tale and a murder mystery. It is a beautiful mix that results in darkly humorous entertainment with monsters, gloom, and dread.
In addition to Jenna Ortega’s flawless performance in the titular role, the rest of the cast consists entirely of outstanding actors. And certainly, Tim Burton directs and establishes the tone for the first half of the season. It is evident in every manner!
Continue reading our assessment of Wednesday’s first season below. Find the eight episodes on Netflix beginning 23 November 2022.
Jenna Ortega replaces Wednesday.
Clearly, Jenna Ortega shares many similarities with Christina Ricci, the previous actor to portray Wednesday Addams, in terms of size and stature. This is an excellent starting point, yet Jenna Ortega still manages to make this character uniquely her own.
Actually, the addition of Christina Ricci (Yellowjackets) as a new lecturer at Nevermore Academy aids in this regard. How much larger of an endorsement can you get? This is a stroke of genius, and I have liked watching Christina Ricci as a new character as much as I have enjoyed seeing this new Wednesday.
If you can’t place Jenna Ortega (yet! ), you may recognize her from the second season of You, Scream (2022), and X. Her modest stature says volumes when she faces enormous beasts without flinching. Her affinity for the gruesome and macabre makes every encounter with danger an exciting new adventure.
Jenna Ortega performs these roles flawlessly. Just as she does while she’s dancing at the prom while maintaining her melancholy adolescent demeanor. In addition, there will be a moment at this prom that will remind you of Carrie. However, not in the way you’ve seen in any Carrie film, so this is not a spoiler.
Stellar supporting cast
Catherine Zeta-Jones portrays Morticia Addams, and she can play the role with the same verve and vigor as Angelica Huston did in the early 1990s Barry Sonnenfeld films. She doesn’t appear in a large number of scenes, but enough to be memorable.
In her role as principal Larissa Weems, Gwendoline Christie exudes both strength and fervor. As a student, she shared a dorm room with Morticia, therefore she is very familiar with the Addams family. As the principal of Nevermore Academy, Weems is a great leader. I adored every power posture from Gwendoline Christie.
As Wednesday’s roommate, the gorgeous Emma Myers performs “Enid.” Enid is full of rainbows and sunlight, making her the polar opposite of Wednesday. Young Miss Addams cannot help but appreciate her despite the fact that she is a werewolf and battles for all she loves.
If there was one character, I wasn’t too happy with in this new Addams family saga, it was Uncle Fester. In the Netflix series, Fred Armisen plays this character a bit too wacky for my liking. I preferred Christopher Lloyd’s perspective. However, Fred Armisen and Jenna Ortega are a fantastic team.
Following is a list of the main cast members of Netflix’s Wednesday series.
- Jenna Ortega as Wednesday Addams
- Gwendoline Christie as Larissa Weems
- Riki Lindhome as Dr Valerie Kinbott
- Jamie McShane as Donovan Galpin
- Hunter Doohan as Tyler Galpin
- Percy Hynes White as Xavier Thorpe
- Emma Myers as Enid Sinclair
- Joy Sunday as Bianca Barclay
- Georgie Farmer as Ajax Petropolus
- Naomi J Ogawa as Yoko Tanaka
- Christina Ricci as Marilyn Thornhill
- Moosa Mostafa as Eugene Otinger
- Catherine Zeta-Jones as Morticia Addams
- Luis Guzmán as Gomez Addams
- Isaac Ordonez as Pugsley Addams
- Fred Armisen as Uncle Fester
Trending On Google
Wednesday Season 1 All Episodes Review/Written Update
- Wednesday Season 1 Episode 1 Recap and Analysis
- Wednesday Casting Rumors Regarding Johnny Depp: Will He Play Uncle Fester On Netflix?
- Wednesday on Netflix is the ‘Addams Family spinoff we’ve been waiting for.
- Wednesday – Season 1, Episode 2, “Woe is the Lonely Number” Recap and Analysis
- Wednesday’s “Friend or Foe” Season 1 Episode 3 Recap and Review
- Wednesday – Season 1 Episode 4 “What a Night” Recap and Analysis
- Wednesday Episode 5 Recap: It’s Time to Dig Up the Past
- Wednesday’s “Quid Pro Woe” Season 1 Episode 6 Recap and Review
- Wednesday – Season 1 Episode 7 “If You Don’t Woe Me By Now” Recap and Review
- Wednesday Season 1 Episode 8 Recap, Review, and Explanation of the Finale